Paypal error: "You do not have permissions to make this API call"
Checkouts for your store may fail with the Paypal error "You do not have permissions to make this API call". This can be due to your Paypal account having Express Checkout disabled, which means SimpleShop isn't allowed to create payments for your Paypal account.
To check this and enable the setting that will allow you to use your Paypal account with SimpleShop, follow the below steps carefully. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us and send screenshots of where you are getting stuck.
1. First, log in to your Paypal account.
2. Click "Profile and Settings" under the "Profile" link at the top right of the screen.
3. Find and click on "My selling preferences".
4. Find and click on the 'update' link for "API access".
5. Find and click on "Manage PayPal checkout settings".
6. Make sure you select "Accept Paypal payments before API permissions are set up". If you're asked for a Third Party Permission Username, you can enter mark_api1.rubixmedia.co.uk
7. Make sure you click the Submit-button to save the setting.
8. You should now return to your Paypal profile with a message saying that your preferences have been saved.
9. Checkouts from your SimpleShop now work.
If after following the above steps you are still having trouble, please get in touch with us.